hello my dears,
as i was writing this post my youngest daughter came in and asked to write for hello my dears. i gladly accepted (with a smile) and would like to introduce you to Emma, a seventy-year-old soul in an eight year-old-body. here’s her first post…
did you know that flowers can make you smile? a person full of hate, if you look at a flower for some time your hate will slowly just flow away like the ocean. you should just spend more time outside, like go on a trail and you will slowly start feeling better and your hate will go away. don’t let the hate come back by doing trails and being outside.
Connection is the energy that is created between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued – when they can give and receive without judgement. – Brene Brown
Hello My Dears,
It’s mid Autumn in November already and with just a little less than two months remaining for 2017, makes me want to spend my days ahead giving and receiving without judgement. To walk with a lighter spirit attracting and spreading more peace and love.
A few daily practices to consider:
Meet Others Where They Are At. A concept I learned from attending Eckhart Tolle’s retreat earlier this year, is to meet people exactly where they are at, not where we want them to be or think they should be. It does not mean we do not have boundaries or need to agree with the decisions and actions of others. It just means, without judgement meet people with compassion. Life has a way of teaching us until we are ready to learn. We all have our own struggles and will each learn at our own time.
Give With An Open Heart. As Brene Brown states, until we can receive with an open heart, we’re never really giving with an open heart. When we attach judgment to receiving help, we knowingly or unknowingly attach judgment to giving help. I have learned over the years that accepting help just means that I can give help without judgement. Also, trusting that I will somehow pay it forward gives me courage to accept help with an open heart.
“Judgement is a mirror reflecting insecurity of the person making judgement.” – Essential by The Minimalist
What are additional ideas on how to give and receive without judgement?
Everything you need you already have. You are complete right now, you are a whole, total person, not an apprentice person on the way to someplace else. Your completeness must be understood by you and experienced in your thoughts as your own personal reality. – Wayne Dyer
A strong sense of self.
Belonging to the present.
There’s beauty in truth.
Love of family.
Hello My Dears,
I finally got my fine line botanical tattoo on my left inner forearm. It was an early birthday present courtesy of my coolest husband. I have always loved the natural elegance of botanical flowers, but never knew exactly why. Then recently, I stumbled across the definition of contemporary botanical art as “belonging to the present moment” and just knew it was the right time.
Today in my forties, the reason for getting inked is so different. It comes from a place of strength, artistic expression, and a desire to spread love. A way to make my soul visible. The flowers represent my little family, the foundation of my happiness. As Mother Teresa said, if you want to bring happiness to the whole world, go home and love your family. I truly believe the love we have for ourselves and each other will continue to grow and become contagious to those around us. I also got my Ironman mdot touched up as a reminder that “anything is possible” and that I am stronger than I could ever imagine.
A huge shout out to tattoo artist, Will Hardcastle @allyoursoul at Red Shores Tattoo Co. I had the best experience thanks to Will’s timely responses and patience each step of the way during the design and tattoo session. Thank you for sharing your creative talents and art with the world.
P.S. Stephanie W., I am so glad you texted me Red Shores instagram. You rock.
Accepting means you allow yourself to feel whatever it is you are feeling at that moment. – Eckhart Tolle
Today, I feel low in energy, sadness, numb, and pain from the recent natural disasters and suffering in our society. I am saddened by how mentally insane some of us have become. The question is why are we so angry and unhappy inside at the core, that we would hurt others and end our own lives? It is pain wanting to inflict more pain.
I feel helpless but at the same time empowered to do more. To gather all the strength from within, to have the difficult conversations and challenge everyone to shift our focus within. How can we be healthier human beings from the inside out and continue to spread love and kindness? The first step is to face our own truth and focus on our individual struggles and pain. Have more compassion for ourselves before trying to change others and things we may not be able to control.
A shift within requires strength. Most may think you are weak or ignoring external issues. Instead, you are building the foundation of self compassion so you have the strength to spread love and kindness to others.
No one person has all the answers, but we can each do something positive. Today, I write.
The most popular spiritual author in the United States. Depressed for much of his life until age 29, when he underwent an “inner transformation”. Spent several years wandering “in a state of deep bliss” before becoming a spiritual teacher.
The Power of Now
- Inner Peace: exist in the present, the now. Worrying about the past and future has no benefit since everything happens in a continuous stream of present moments.
- Pain: is self-created inner resistance to external things that you cannot change which creates a negative feeling. It can become “pain body” where part of the self needs pain to survive because it becomes an essential part of you. You are afraid to let go of the pain.
- Ego: stops you from being happy. Destructive part of the human mind. Ego wants to be the most important part of you and with gained control it will bring much suffering.
- Separate From Your Mind: and focus on your body. Your mind brings up pain from memories of the past and anxiety for the future. Shift our focus from the mind to the body.
- No Judgement: Observe the mind without judgement. Be fully conscious of your mind and the power it has over you. “What will my next thought be?” It takes awhile before the next clear thought arrives. Observe without judgement and listen to your body. Expect the voices in your head and make no attempt to follow the advice.
- Permanent Alertness: active waiting means your attention is focused on the now.
- Relationships: ego of the “normal” person feeds on problems while the person who is present, calm and at peace is experienced as a threat. Darkness cannot survive near the light. If you can live in the present you’ll be able to stop judging, criticizing or trying to change your partner and instead see him or her as an independent person. Inner peace that being present brings enables you to hear your partner without judging.
- Sadness and Pain is Unavoidable: when experiencing something traumatic, which causes you real pain, you can just accept it for what it is. Allowing yourself to feel what you need to feel without guilt or shame. Accepting instead wishing things were different.
- Not Passive Life: inner peace is not worth much if your outer life situation is bad. Living in the present can give you clarity and strength to change for the better. Instead of creating problems you are solving problems.